O&M Building, Room 1002B
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
College Station, Texas 77843
Ph.D., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 2008
M.S., Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 2004
B.S., Meteorology, Texas A&M University, 2000
- Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences Visiting Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2008–2009
- NASA Earth System Science Fellowship, 2005–2008
- Superior Accomplishment Award, NASA Contractors Steering Council, 2002
- Superior Accomplishment Award, NASA Contractors Steering Council, 2001
- University Undergraduate Research Fellow, Texas A&M University Honors Program, 2000
- Remote Sensing
- Clouds and Precipitation
- Satellite Meteorology
- Global Hydrologic Cycle
- Atmospheric Radiation
- Climate Change
- Rapp, A.D., M. Lebsock, and T. L'Ecuyer, 2013: Low Cloud Precipitation Climatology in the Southeastern Pacific Marine Stratocumulus Region using CloudSat. Environ. Res. Lett., 8, 014027.
- Rapp, A. D., C. Kummerow, and L. Fowler, 2011: Interactions Between Warm Rain Clouds and Atmospheric Preconditioning for Deep Convection in the Tropics. J. Geophys. Res., 116, D23210, doi: 10.1029/2011JD016143.
- Rapp, A. D., M. Lebsock, and C. Kummerow, 2009: On the Consequences of Resampling Microwave Radiometer Observations for Use in Retrieval Algorithms. J. Appl. Meteor.
Climatol., 48, 1981–1993.
- Rapp, A. D., C. Kummerow, and G. Elsaesser, 2009: A Combined Multi-Sensor Optimal Estimation Retrieval Algorithm for Warm Rain Clouds. J. Appl. Meteor. Climatol., 48, 2242-2256.
- Rapp, A. D., C. Kummerow, W. Berg, and B. Griffith, 2005: An Evaluation of the Proposed Mechanism of the Adaptive Infrared Iris Hypothesis Using TRMM VIRS and PR Measurements. J. Climate, 18, 4185–4194
- Dong, X., P. Minnis, G. G. Mace, W. L. Smith, Jr., M. Poellot, R. T. Marchand, and A. D. Rapp, 2002: Comparison of Stratus Cloud Properties Deduced from Surface, GOES, and Aircraft Data During the March 2000 ARM Cloud IOP. J. Atmos. Sci., 59, 3265–3284.
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University, 2012-present
- Assistant Research Scientist, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University, 2010-2011
- Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences, University of Colorado, 2008–2009
- Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 2002–2008
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, 2005
- Research Scientist, Analytical Services & Materials, Inc., Hampton, Virginia, 2000–2002
- Intern, Science Applications International Corporation, Hampton, Virginia, 2000
- Student Technician, Mesoscale Research Group, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Texas A&M University, 1998–2000
- American Meteorological Society, 1998–present
- American Geophysical Union, 2000–present
- European Geophysical Union, 2006
- Sigma Xi Research Honor Society