O&M Building, Room 1208B
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
College Station, Texas 77843
Ph.D. Meteorology, Texas A&M University, 1994
M.S. Meteorology and Physical Oceanography, Naval Postgraduate School, With Distinction, 1991
B.S. Atmospheric Sciences, University of Louisiana, Monroe, Summa Cum Laude, 1983
Don T. Conlee
- Conlee, Don T. 2005. Real-Time Oil Platform Ocean Current Data in the Gulf of Mexico. AGU Eos Trans. 86(18). Jt. Assem. Suppl., Abstract OS32A-04.
- Conlee, Don T. 2001. Satellite Data Utilization by U.S. Navy Meteorology and Oceanography. Invited Paper. Eleventh Conference on Satellite Meteorology and Oceanography.
- Rigney, J.P., Bouchard, R., Diamond C., Berkshire, D., L'Heureux D., Conlee D. T., Colton M. 1997. Oceanography from Space in Support of Naval Operations. Marine Technology Society Journal.
- Conlee, Don T. and Marie Colton. 1996. Microwave Remote Sensing Primer. Commander Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command News.
- Conlee, Don T. 1994. Meteorological Information Content and Non-Profiling Applications of the SSM/T-2.Doctoral Dissertation, Texas A&M University.
- Conlee, Don T. 1991. Satellite image display and processing with microcomputers: a proof-of-concept for the Navy Oceanographical Data Distribution System (NODDS). Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School. (Actual code implemented into operational system in 1992)
- 2007-2008 - Gulf Region Manager, NortekUSA, Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
- 2003-2007 - Chief Scientist, National Data Buoy Center, Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
- 2001-2003 - Commanding Officer, Naval Technical Training Unit, Keesler AFB, Mississippi
- 1999-2001 - Director of Remote Sensing Programs and Fleet Systems Commander, Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command, Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
- 1997-1999 - Meteorology, Oceanography, and Strike Warfare Officer, U.S. Navy, Enterprise Battle Group Staff
- 1994-1997 - Satellite and Environmental Data Department Head, Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center, Monterey, California
- 1987-1989 - Meteorologist, USS Iwo Jima (LPH-2)
- 1983-1986 - NWP Quality Control/Project Development Officer, Fleet Numerical Oceanography Center, Monterey, California
- 1979-1982 - Observer/Meteorological Technician, National Weather Service, Agricultural Weather Service Center, Stoneville, Mississippi
Selected Presentations and Extended Abstracts
A Low-cost Electronic Chart Wall for Undergraduate Program Enhancement . Joint Session: 19th Symposium on Education and 26th Conference on Interactive Information and Processing Systems (IIPS) for Meteorology, Oceanography, and Hydrology, American Meteorological Society, 2010.
Performance of a Subsurface Buoy for Directional Wave Measurements. ONR/MTS Buoy Workshop. March 2008.
- National Data Buoy Center Observations Supporting PIRATA (NOSP). NOAA Office of Climate Observation Annual Review, 2006.
- The HF Radar National Server and Architecture Project. 11th Symposium on Integrated Observing and Assimilation Systems for the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Land Surface (IOAS-AOLS). American Meteorological Society 2007.
- IOOS Backbone Expansion Efforts by NOAA's National Data Buoy Center. 10th Symposium on Integrated Observing and Assimilation Systems for the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Land Surface (IOAS-AOLS). American Meteorological Society 2006.
- The NWS Marine Observation Network: Coastal Marine Component of Multiple Observing Systems. Ninth Symposium on Integrated Observing and Assimilation Systems for the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Land Surface (IOAS-AOLS). American Meteorological Society 2005.
- Revolutionizing Naval Meteorology Training. Twelfth Symposium on Education. American Meteorological Society 2003.
- Information Content and Non-Profiling Applications of the SSM/T-2. Seventh Conference on Satellite Meteorology and Oceanography 1994.
- American Meteorological Society
- American Geophysical Union
- Marine Technology Society
- American Shore and Beach Preservation Association
- Naval Weather Service Association Lifetime Member
- Gulf Coast Ocean Observing System (GCOOS) Observing Systems Committee (2006-2009)
- CARO-COOPS and CORMP (Academic observation network operators) Science Advisory Boards (2006)
- Former Goal Team member of the GOES-R Cal/Val steering group